- Data controller
- Purposes for data processing
- Storage period
- Legitimate grounds for data processing
- Location where the information is stored
- Data transfer
- Data subjects’ rights
1. Data controller
Name: Fundació Privada i2CAT, Internet e Innovació Digital a Catalunya (hereinafter i2CAT)
Address: Calle del Gran Capitán 2-4. Edifici Nexus I, 2ª planta, Oficina 203, 08034 Barcelona.
Telephone: (+34) 93 553 25 10.
Data Protection Office email: email@example.com.
Basis for processing personal data:
- Consent of the data subject to manage the sending of information about events, activities and other information from i2CAT, profiling and the sending of surveys related to the field of activity of i2CAT.
- Need to execute a contract for managing registrations to sessions or training activities and for sending the newsletter and other publications of i2CAT.
i2CAT, as responsible for the website, in accordance with the provisions of Regulation (EU) 2016/679, of the European Parliament and of the Council of April 27, 2016, on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data (hereinafter, «GDPR»), and Law 34/2002, of 11 July, on services of the Information Society Services and E-commerce (LSSICE), informs you that data required will be the minimum necessary and will be supported by the legal basis (legitimation) and purpose indicated in each of the corresponding disclaimers; its processing will be carried out in accordance with the specific procedures designed by i2CAT based on the risk analysis and security measures applicable to them, which are included in the corresponding Register of Activities.
2. Purposes for data processing
Your personal data will only be used for the following purposes, depending on the functionalities of the website, which you have interacted with and provided your personal data:
- To allow us to send you information and promotional campaigns (including direct marketing) related to our events (including by phone, mail and email).
- To allow us to send you information and inscriptions about sessions, workshops and training activities.
- To allow us to send you our newsletter or other i2CAT’s newsletters to which you are subscribed.
- To allow us to develop profiles, by i2CAT and third parties, and to conduct market surveys related to research and innovation.
We will not treat your personal data for any other purpose than those described herein except for legal obligation or judicial requirement.
3. Storage period
The personal data corresponding to preceding paragraphs a) and d) will be stored until the data subject expresses his willingness to cancel them.
The personal data corresponding to preceding paragraph b) will be stored for the time necessary for the purpose of carrying out the activity.
The personal data corresponding to preceding paragraph c) will be stored as long as the subscription is not cancelled.
4. Legal basis for data processing
The legal basis for the processing of personal data is the subject’s consent and/or any other applicable legal basis to the offered service.
5. Location where the information is stored
The information provided is stored on the servers of i2CAT or of suppliers and companies in charge of processing data, which have their servers in the territory of the European Union or are protected by the Privacy Shield.
6. Data transfer
The data provided can be transferred to public sector organizations and companies of the Government of Catalonia, and companies in charge of data processing (such as service providers: communications sending services, messaging services, agencies, etc.), including EU companies.
International transfers may also take place outside the EU in accordance with the authorization system and prior notification established by current regulation:
- to countries or companies that have the recognition of the European Commission to provide an adequate level of protection; or
- to countries that do not offer adequate protection, but the transfers are governed by the Standard Operating Terms of the European Commission.
7. Data subjects’ rights
To exercise any of the rights mentioned below, data subjects shall send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, including a copy of a valid proof of identity. I2CAT may request additional information necessary to confirm User’s identity. I2CAT may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, excessive or manifestly unfounded.
Right of access: data subjects have the right to know and get information about their personal data categories that are processed
Right to rectification or deletion: data subjects have the right to rectify and modify any inaccurate personal data concerning him or her.
Right of cancellation: data subjects have the right to delete any personal data concerning him or her.
Right to object: data subjects have the right to object at any time to our processing of their personal data.
Right to restriction of processing: data subjects have the right to obtain from us restriction of processing of their personal data.
Right to data portability: data subjects have the right to receive their personal data from us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to independently transmit those data to a third party.
Automated individual decisions: data subjects have the right not to be the subject of automated individual decisions for which they have not expressed his or her consent (including profiling).
Automated treatments: data subjects have the right not to be the subject of a decision based on automated treatment that produces legal effects or significantly affects him or her.
Right to withdraw the consent given at any time.
Data subjects are also entitled to submit a claim to the controlling authority if they consider that their data protection rights have been attacked.
I2CAT, taking into account the importance in terms of protection and confidentiality about personal data, has implemented appropriate technical and organizational controls to protect your personal data against unauthorized processing and against accidental loss, damage or destruction, according to the personal data protection law.
- ¿What are cookies?
Cookies are text files which are downloaded onto the user’s computer terminal (desktop, laptop, mobile telephone, etc.) and which are stored in the browser memory.
The data contained in cookies can be analyzed by i2CAT to improve the websites’ usefulness and offer more personalized information and services.
Browsing data collected by cookies are anonymous and are not associated to any person. Personal information must be provided explicitly to i2CAT by the user.
The user may delete or disable cookies from the browser’s settings page. In this case, the website will continue to operate, but without the advantages of personalization. For more information on the use, management and settings of cookies on browsers, we recommend you consult the website http://www.aboutcookies.org/.
- ¿ What type of cookies does our website use?
- Depending on the entity that manages them:
- Own cookies: Own cookies are those sent to the user’s equipment from equipment or a domain managed by i2CAT itself and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third-party cookies: Third-party cookies are those sent to the user’s equipment from equipment or a domain that is not managed by i2CAT, but instead by another entity that handles the data obtained through the cookies. If the cookies are installed from equipment or a domain managed by i2CAT itself, but the information collected through them is managed by a third party, they cannot be considered to be i2CAT’s cookies.
- According to the length of time that they remain active:
- Session cookies: This is a type of cookie designed to gather and store data while you are accessing our website.
- Persistent cookies: This is a type of cookie where data are stored on the terminal and can be accessed and handled for a specific period of time, which may span from several minutes to several years.
- According to their purpose
- Technical cookies: This type of cookie is needed in order to browse our website and for it to work properly.
- Personalization of settings: These cookies allow the user to define the settings (language) while browsing the website-
- Analytics cookies: These cookies are either handled by us or by third parties; they allow us to count the number of users and obtain statistical measurements and analyses of how users use our website. To do this we analyze browsing on our website with the objective of improving the range of products and services that we offer.
- Advertising cookies
- ¿Which are the purposes of cookies used in our website?
The purposes of cookies used in our website are:
- The objective of this type of cookies is to browse our website in a satisfactory way. This type of cookies allows the system to recognize registered users and remind them their username and password, among other functions.
- Personalization of settings. These cookies allow the user to access to our website with some predefined general settings, such as the language, browser or geographical location from which the service is accessed. This user information allows i2CAT to offer a better and more personalized service.
- The anonymous data contained in these cookies allow the measurement, monitoring and study of user activity to incorporate improvements in the websites, applications and platforms of i2CAT.
- These cookies make it possible to manage advertising spaces based on criteria such as editing content or users’ browsing habits.